Fire Emoji 101 : A Comprehensive Guide To The Hottest Emoji Online
Think of the last conversation you had online. Did you use any emojis? Think of the conversations you had last week, did you use any emojis? Chances are, you answered, YES. Emojis are everywhere. We use them to inject emotions and humor into our conversations. Emojis have transformed how we speak to each other digitally. It’s a medium that is constantly moving, constantly evolving.
In fact, every day, the Unicode Consortium adds more and more emojis to its list. (The Unicode Consortium is an organization that approves and standardizes emojis).Today, there are over 3,000 emojis online. With so many options available, this is where the important decision-making sets in. Which emoji will fit what I have to say? Which emoji will make me look more hip, more trendy, more lit? If you want to be cool, there’s one emoji you shouldn’t leave in the dust, and that is the Fire emoji.
What Does The Fire Emoji Mean?
The Fire emoji is a picture of a burning flame. It is used to signify that something is awesome, exciting, or cool. It is also a recognized symbol of sexual attractiveness- if you want to say that someone is as hot as a flame, whether beautiful, handsome or pretty- choose the Fire emoji! Another great thing about emojis is that they have no set definition. The meaning of some emojis tends to vary. The Fire emoji is no different- at present, the symbol is used to mean excitement, love, energy, or hate. It’s good to regularly check on the meaning of the emojis you use, you might find yourself using an emoji that has a meaning you aren’t aware of. You don’t want to send mixed messages to the people you are talking to!
Other Names Of The Fire Emoji
The alternative names of the Fire emoji are Flame emoji and Hot emoji. Adding to the coolness quotient of the Fire emoji is its third and most popular alias- the Lit emoji. And, unless you’ve been living under a rock the past couple of years, you probably know that “Lit,” is a popular, millennial slang word frequently used to describe parties and other fun happenings
If you want to say an event is or was wild, exciting, and full of great fun, the word “lit,” is a great term to use. If you want to use a symbol to say an event was lit, just put the Fire emoji, you’ll get your point across, immediately and effectively!
Evolution Of The Fire Emoji
Back in 2010, the Unicode Standard added the Fire emoji to its official list of symbols. Maintained by the Unicode Consortium, the Unicode Standard is a computing industry created to make a consistent representation, encoding and handling of text for all the writing systems in the world. What characteristics should a symbol possess to make it suitable for the Unicode Standard? According to a statement made by the Unicode Consortium, the official body that approves emojis internationally, the ideal emoji should meet these criteria: they should be used a lot, and they should have different meanings.
How Does A Fire Emoji Look Like?
Over the years, not a lot has changed in terms of the Fire emoji’s appearance. It first appeared as a flame with reddish-orange edges and a whitish-yellow core, flickering over a burning fireplace or campfire. When iOS 10.2 came around, Apple gave the symbol a more realistic appearance. (iOS 10.2 is an Apple iPhone and iPad released in 2016). The iOS 10.2 version of the Fire emoji featured brighter, sharper, red flames, and a lighter yellow inner flame. This upgrade redesigned 100 new emojis, which included new faces, food, professions, and animals. Within the same year, Microsoft, in celebration of its Windows 10 Anniversary Update, added a more reddish-orange tinge to the yellow flame of its Fire emoji.
How Is The Fire Emoji Used?
Based on the discussions above, nowadays people use the Fire emoji to convey fiery feelings. This means that the figurative use of the Fire emoji is more popular than the literal one. Why does this happen? A possible explanation for this could be because most people think of emojis as fun and expressive symbols. Following that train of thought, it is very likely to assume that netizens feel it would be inappropriate if they would apply the Fire emoji to more serious circumstances like the bushfires in Australia, or wildfires in California.
How Popular is the Fire Emoji?
Based on an article in Bustle, the Fire emoji is at 10th place on Tinder’s list of 10 most popular emojis in the U.S. For that list, Tinder studied all the bios of their users in America and discovered the Fire emoji is the top emoji in Boston, Philadelphia, Nashville, New Orleans, Austin, Texas, Denver, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Seattle. According to the article, the findings were supported by Talkwalker, an international social media monitoring, and analytics company.
Where Is The Fire Emoji?
The Fire emoji is a special symbol in the shape of a flame. You can find it on the keyboards of computers, smartphones, and tablets. Your device needs to support this emoji for you to be able to use it, otherwise, the emoji will not appear. One important thing to note- different devices have different versions of the Fire emoji. Click on this link to see all the versions.
If you want to include the Fire emoji in your messages, here’s a fun and quick hack: use the shortcode :fire: and the emoji will instantly appear!
What Does The Fire Emoji Mean On Snapchat?
In 2015, the Fire emoji took on a more special meaning when the social media app Snapchat adopted it and used it for a special purpose. At that time, Snapchat used the Snap Channel at the Discover section of the app to tell everyone about the update. And this was the update -if you’ve been snapping back and forth with a friend for two more consecutive days, a Fire emoji will appear beside your name and your friend’s name. The appearance of the emoji means you and your friend are on a “snapstreak.” A number will appear next to the Fire emoji, showing how many days the Snapstreak has been going on. If you and your friend don’t exchange snaps in 24 hours, the emoji will automatically disappear.
How To Draw The Fire Emoji
If you love to sketch, paint, or color, why not bring the Fire emoji wherever you go by making your version of the popular symbol! You can do that by having your own drawing of the Fire emoji.
It is easy to do once you’ve got the basic structure down. Here are the following steps to learn how:
- Get a few pieces of bond paper, a black marker, and coloring materials like crayons, paint, and colored markers
- Draw a teardrop with a wavy edge
- Begin by drawing the rounded base of the teardrop shape
- Draw the point coming up from the base
- Make the lines leading up to the point bend gradually one to two times, like a wave, to make your drawing look like a flickering flame. The waves should start halfway up the teardrop shape
- Draw a second teardrop shape inside of the first one. Your teardrop shape should be half the size of the first one, with the base nearly touching the bottom of the first teardrop. Your second teardrop should be just as wavy as your first teardrop.
- Here’s a pro tip to keep in mind – remember to give your flame dimension. How do you do that? Color it a different shade than the first teardrop, to make your flame look like it is burning at different intensities, just like a real flame.
- Draw a third teardrop shape inside the second teardrop shape. The third teardrop should be half the size of the second one, with the same wavy shape. Draw it near the bottom of the second teardrop shape to make it look like their bases are touching.
- Color the smallest teardrop shape with yellow, the medium teardrop with orange, and the biggest teardrop shape with red. Crayons, colored pencils, and markers will do the trick!
- Add a candle and wick to your flame by drawing a thin, vertical cylinder under the base of the flame. In addition to that, once you’ve done that, you can create a wick by connecting the top of the cylinder to the flame with a vertical line.
- Don’t forget to erase all the lines you drew in pencil. This will make your drawing neater and your flames more realistic.
- Remember to not press down hard on the eraser because this could smudge the colors.
- Congrats! You are done!
Millions use emojis every day, and yes, they’re a great thing to have. Emojis offer new possibilities for digital expression- day after day they bring spice to our daily online conversations. If you want to level up your digital presence, picking the right emoji to enhance your image, or the image of your business, is important. If your goal is to look more hip, or more trendy, there are many emojis, like the Fire emoji, that have the power to evoke the emotions and reactions you desire from your followers and customers. All one has to do is to find them and use them.