Chatting is always more fun with Facebook chat emojis and emoticons. Smileys and emoticons give your message a hint of personality and a dash of humor. If you want to express how you’re feeling, but at a loss for words, emojis will help you say what you want to say.
At present, Facebook emojis appear for users of Facebook messenger for the web, the Facebook main site, and Facebook messenger for Android. Facebook emojis come in two versions with different designs- one for the website, and another for Facebook messenger. Users send out 60 million emojis a Facebook each day, with 5 million emojis used on Messenger alone.
History Of Facebook Emojis
Facebook supports about 469 emojis. These require an emoji keyboard or copied and pasted from an emoji site like emojiguide. The first version of Facebook’s emoji images came out on February 1, 2014.
Seven emoji updates occurred after that:
1. Facebook 2.0 on February 21, 2017
2. Facebook 2.1 on July 5, 2017
3. Facebook 2.2 on August 24, 2017- this update added 125 new family emojis with skin tone modification
4. Facebook 2.21 on April 27, 2018
5. Facebook 3.0 on December 3, 2018. In this release, the emojis had highly detailed, glossy designs
6. Facebook 3.1 on March 28, 2019. One of the most significant updates in the history of Facebook because of the addition of the Transgender Flag emoji
The most recent Facebook emoji update, Facebook 4.0, occurred in 2019. In that year, Facebook released 230 new emojis. 71 emojis featured people holding hands with different skin tones. One person would have a light skin tone, while the one holding his or her hand would have a darker skin tone, etc. Other additions included in this update were a Drop of Blood emoji, a Sari emoji, and a Pinching Hand emoji.